Sh-sh-sh-sh-sh-shame

Good morning! Today I am going to show you something, and I ask that you please don't judge me. You see, I've been neglecting my homely duties of late and my office (and house - eep) has well...you'll see 
 
I decided to make this post when I was sitting at my desk, catching up on youtube videos (here you can see Wordsofareader, who is one of my favourite booktubers), and trying to come up with some sort of blog planning system (I decided to go with post it notes ha). My desk doesn't look too bad, sure there's an empty box of chocolate dipped tiny teddies and an empty can of coke, but all in all it's not too bad...but then I looked to my right and I saw this

This is all of the crap I moved off my desk so I could sit down at it...there's heaps of stuff under that big pile. There's also stuffed crammed into the plastic drawers on the left. Then I looked behind me
That is my vacuum and it has been there for weeks...I haven't vacuumed in weeks...I would be able to craft so many things from the cat hair that must be floating around! Piles of books, my shelves are in disarray, there are papers everywhere. Ack - it's driving me mad but the motivation has escaped me. 
And finally, this is my in tray. Stuffed full of packages that I need to go through and also empty envelopes because that makes sense right? My house isn't DIRTY, it's just messy. So I am currently finding the motivation to organise it, and I am writing a big list of all the things I need to do that I may share, not because it's interesting, but simply because if I share what I do I might be more likely to finish everything! Being a grown up is hard! Are you good at keeping your house tidy?!

That's all for today, have a good one!
Megan xo 
P.S the whole time I was writing this I was singing this in my head 

Smashing Pumpkins - Shame

No comments